Monday, May 28, 2007

My Kiddies love me~~

I was conducting my class as usual, they had fun in my class. We were doing drama again. This time was a little bit different. One of my kiddies started hugging me, and sticking with me. Suddenly she said :"Teacher, I love you." I was stunned for a while, then I replied her :"Yes dear, I love you too." She was so happy and don't wanna let go of me anymore. Then another of them approached me and said the same thing, :"Teacher, I love you too."


Actually I'm really kinda happy when they say so, at least I know the kids like me. They never ever skip my class unless they fall sick. Few of them even will remind their mother to bring them for class. Sorry to say that, yes, I'm teaching English. But I'm really proud of my kiddies, because I can really see huge improvement from them. They hardly open their mouth to communicate with me at the first place, but now they are too talkative till they can't even shut their mouth. Guess what? Yes they were communicating in English. Although they can't speak fluently,not to talk about kiddies at age of 5/6 even me, myself can't speak fluent English; but at least they tried.

I actually forced them to speak, cause I've set a rule, anybody who speaks Mandarin in the class will be fined RM 0.50. So they started to stay alert, if any of them speak mandarin among themselves, one of them will "kutuk" him/her, so they practiced to speak English when they are with me.Guess what, they can now make simple sentences and read me stories. One of their parent even told me that she was amazed because when she bring her daughter to the bookstore, her daughter can recognize the words and started to read. I guess this is the best reward to my teaching.

Sometimes, I feel a bit lazy and boring to teach them. But now, I guess there is no reason I should leave them behind. They are my precious.

No comments: