Sunday, June 24, 2007

Pancakes Session Vol, I ~~

Well, I hardly recall if there's any guy ever cook me a meal. If there really somebody there ever cook me a meal, please forgive me as I'm a forgetful person, or maybe that meal is not special enough, so can't really recalled it back instantly, hehe, don't hit me~! ^_^

This is about HIM, he cooked me pancake last Saturday. He suppose to cook me pancake for tea time bites,yet we ended up having pancakes for supper. Let me explain why. He suppose to attend a training from 10am to 4pm, the initial plan was, he will come and pick me up after his training to his house and he will cook for me. But, things did not happened that way obviously. I was thinking about to call him at 4pm, but I though he is too tired, probably he would have just sneak out from training, went home earlier to take a nap, so I did not call.

It's already 5:45pm, I guessed he must be over slept, so I called. Then only I realized that he is still in his bed and he did not attend the training, he sleep for more than 12 hours, since 12am untill the next day 5:45pm. Such a PIG~~!! He reached my home by 6:30pm. When I got in the car he told me that he has to go buy the materials for pancakes. *sweat* He claimed that he will be getting it the night before. So we went to Tesco and get the pancakes materials. After finish shopping, time was about 8pm. We both are starved. I don't think that I can wait until the pancakes are served, so we went for dinner, and decided to have pancakes for supper.

Finally we were home by 9pm, and the ice-cream was melted, so I put the ice-cream to the freezer immediately. Suddenly, I heard a women's voice from a distance, it was his mom. GOSH, the mummy was here. She went down and checked on us. As he couldn't find the measurement cup, he got his mom to look for it. I was feeling so embarrassed, but luckily his mom was cool. She can't get to find the measurement cup, yet she left the kitchen to us in another few minutes.

Well, finally comes with the making of pancakes. We blended the flour with water until it was ready to be fried. Well, everything seemed to be fine before I came in and messed up the thing. Hehe, I'm the trouble maker. He heated up the frying pan, ready to pour some oil to fry the pancake. What happened later? Check this out.

"Hey, the pan is heated but not ready to pour in the oil yet." I said.
"huh, why?" he replied in doubt.
"My mom told me to pour in the oil only when the pan is heated up with the right temperature, it's not hot enough yet I guess, let's check on the temperature by pouring in some water. " I said.

He looked at me with doubts, still he did it as I said. Probably the frying pan is one of those special stainless steel pan that won't evaporate the water that fast, the water drops fall into the pan ended up like pinballs, we were playing with the water drops and the funny thing was the water drops later clustered into a big water drop. Well as we were playing, we did not aware that the pan was over heated. So, when he pours in the the oil, the oil burnt instantly. So for the first attempt, as the pan was burnt, we can't fry the pancakes. So we have to wait for the pan to cool down, wash the pan, and start all over again. Haha, so I was blamed and the whole house was full of the smell of cooking oil while we have not made ourselves any pancake yet. He forced to wait outside and don't let me to disturb him while he cook.

After a while he went back into the kitchen and started cooking again, yet still I'm a bit worry if he really can cook, so I went in and check on him again. Well, I observed that the pan cannot be used to fry pancakes, because it is too thick,the heat conduction is poor, hard to control the temperature. So we decided to fry the pancakes with the normal wok. FINALLLLY, we made it.
The 1st one was over cooked, but it still tasted ok, and it was a bit crunchy too :P. Haha, we served it with butter and honey, and added peanut butter for mine :P. We purposely buy ice-cream to serve with pancakes, since we did not head home straightly after getting the ice-cream but went for dinner, so the ice-cream was half melted. Ah~ what a waste! But it's ok, no regrets, we can always have another session of pancakes making. Anyway, it was quite filling, we were pretty full.

This is the first time a guy cooked me pancakes. Well, it's a good thing I blogged it, just in case I forget everything this could recall my memory.

Lastly, wanna say THANK YOU very much to HIM for his pancakes. That's so sweet of him.

1 comment:

kenelm said...

Interesting however being honest reading halfway i stopped already coz it makes me feel hungry and way too late for supper time...and this is Vol I? There is volume II hahaha